DetectorMods

Author Topic: Carbon coils  (Read 48815 times)

Rimbuman

• View Profile
Carbon coils
« on: October 31, 2012, 03:21:21 pm »
Hi to all,

Anyone using Woody's Carbon coils? Are they so much better than other commercial coils?
How about the deep seeking capabilities of the larger ones "35 inch and up" with a modded detector?
Carbon coils are out there but I don't read much from the detectorists using them.

Cheers,
Rimbuman
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:23:58 am by Rimbuman »

ARIZONA

• View Profile
Re: Carbon coils
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 12:00:42 am »
Hi to all,

Anyone using woody's carbon coils? Are they so much better than other commercial coils?
How about the deep seeking capabilities of the larger ones "35 inch and up" with a modded detector?
Carbon coil are out there but I don't read much from the detectorists using them.

Cheers,
Rimbuman

I do not think anyone is using them yet except the makers.  Too much secret stuff to hide from spies.

Rimbuman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:27:41 am »
No spies, no lies, no secrets. These coils are available for ordering quite some time . http://www.carboncoils.com/

Only no reading about how great or disappointing  they are.

Silence could be good indicator because no one who made the $purchase$ and experienced the "superior performance" of these carbon coils wants to ring the big bell so they give them selves the time to work the most promising $gold$ bearing soil without to much competition.

If these coils were real crap, the poo would have hit the fan all ready some time ago, unless they all used their "no good 30 day money back" option.

Cheers,
Rimbuman
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:23:42 am by Rimbuman »

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 02:30:28 am »
  Give them a call and you will find out that they are not available at the moment.  Maybe they are selling hundreds per day and can not keep up with demand.  I had a friend contact them a few months ago about getting one.  Was told to wait.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:36:47 pm by ARIZONA »

Rimbuman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 02:50:40 am »
This situation could be actual at this moment or for a while already, I don't know about this and I don't have anything to do with this, I'm not even Australian.
I'm sorry for you and your friend an anyone else who has to deal with this delay or unavailability.
But my topic was more about getting some response from already users of these coils.
I am beginning to have a gut feeling that these coils are quite all right or better and nobody is willing to talk about this to give them selves more time to dig the good stuff.
I think I know enough.

Cheers,
Rimbuman
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:47:30 pm by Rimbuman »

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 07:32:07 am »
  I sent a email to the address they have listed on their website they have listed for their coils.  Lets see how long it takes to get a answer.  I asked

Howdy.  I am interested in your coils.  Which models do you have in stock and ready to ship!  Thanks

ken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 07:06:45 pm »
Hi ,  I orderd a 14' coil two weeks ago and it has arrived already I am going out in a couple of weeks time to try it out . Ken 

Rimbuman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 03:08:14 am »
Hi Ken,

Great you did your order and already received your coil. I hope you will post about the you new coil in the fields.
So the Q for a new coil is not that long after all.
Again, I'm really interested in some posts about already users of these coils.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:49:35 pm by Rimbuman »

nuggetnut

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 10:19:57 am »
Ya
keep us posted as I'm in the market for a  25"  or  30" coil for deep nuggets.  Thanks.

Rimbuman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 03:30:40 am »
I believe they don't have stock and they are hand made by order, so that explains the waiting time.
Woody makes the windings and Chris wraps them in carbon with resin.
This takes some time you know.

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 12:35:47 pm »
  I sent a email to them about the coils 5 days ago.  Guess what, no answer yet.  I guess they are too busy to answer a email.  Must be nice.

Rimbuman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »
Don't think so, "always answer your business mail".

If there is a waiting list, ask to be put on it for your order.
Maybe something happening, sick, vacation, supply problems or something else.
Mail or call again Arizona.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:04:29 am by Rimbuman »

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 01:12:27 am »

Rimbuman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 04:32:34 am »
Can't really tell, but it could be. Visit him at home at see if his floor tiles matches with the one's on the picture.
With you guys in Australia, when there is a lot of talk there is nothing and when there is silence there is something going on.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 04:36:41 am by Rimbuman »

nuggetnut

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 11:32:28 am »
Hi Arizona
Everytime I send an email I've received an answer within hrs and sometimes within 15 mins. 6 emails sent with great response time if I must say so myself.