DetectorMods

Author Topic: New Mods being worked on.  (Read 55069 times)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Mods being worked on.
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:43:44 pm »
I have not posted much, been busy developing a new set of upgrades. It will be a couple of months before we know if they live up to expectations or not. The aim is to get big Gold deep and to get smaller Gold at greater depth in light mineralization. Believe me this is a real challenge and very difficult to do.

As long as you start off with a Minelab P.I detector you will be doing great, to this day nothing beats a Minelab for the big deep Gold.

nuggetnut

• View Profile
Re: New Mods being worked on.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:30:43 am »
Hi Woody
 I have a GP Extreme and will be buying a GPX 4500 once moddified would it be safe to say the 4500 would find the deepest gold.

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 06:41:09 am »
  2 weeks and no reply from Woody and company!

David R Woodland

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:45:54 pm »
Hi Guys
Peter is away for a while and i have been trying to keep ontop of everything
the forum kind of got left until last !
anyway
typically the newer detectors are geared towards finding smaller pieces of gold and being a quieter machine to run at the expense of depth on larger targets
however a 4500 does do alright on the depth front, mainly we get complaints about the 5000 not having the punch required for large objects.
in saying all this however if you believe you have a good chance of finding a monster of a gold nugget in an area alot of the pro's out there keep a old 2000 on hand to detect for things of that magnitude, there not sensitive and you would not want to use one as your general purpose detector because of the sensitivity lacking on smaller targets but it will go the deepest
hope all this help
obviously the information is relative to your situation
Good hunting !!!

nuggetnut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:27:24 pm »
Thanks Dave
Great info appreciated just sent my GP Extreme to Peter for upgrades to find deep gold last week .  I have a place where there's deep gold so hopefully the mods will do the job. In  the mean time i'll keep my eye out for an old 2000 will also keep everyone posted. Again greatly appriceated.

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 12:30:45 am »
Thanks Dave
Great info appreciated just sent my GP Extreme to Peter for upgrades to find deep gold last week .  I have a place where there's deep gold so hopefully the mods will do the job. In  the mean time i'll keep my eye out for an old 2000 will also keep everyone posted. Again greatly appriceated.

Nuggetnut, What is the latest on your mods that Woody did for you?  I hope they worked great and you are finding lots of gold!!!

debongos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 06:09:20 pm »
Hi all, great to see a usable forum back on line.

In regard to this topic, Woody could there still be room for improvement mods on the SD's or are they at their limit? I don't see too many in the fields in the NT these days as most have upgraded to the 4500s and 5000s which are still beyond my financial reach.

Peter

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 10:05:43 am »
I have not posted much, been busy developing a new set of upgrades. It will be a couple of months before we know if they live up to expectations or not. The aim is to get big Gold deep and to get smaller Gold at greater depth in light mineralization. Believe me this is a real challenge and very difficult to do.

As long as you start off with a Minelab P.I detector you will be doing great, to this day nothing beats a Minelab for the big deep Gold.

Almost a year now.  How them new upgrades coming???

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 03:39:16 am »
The upgrades are going just fine, we have been working on a multitude of projects for detecting. I am not giving the heads up to the competition via public forums until we officially advertise with plenty of stock.

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 12:55:38 pm »
The upgrades are going just fine, we have been working on a multitude of projects for detecting. I am not giving the heads up to the competition via public forums until we officially advertise with plenty of stock.

What kind of stock you need for upgrades?  I can get ya about any electronic part you could want here in Arizona.

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 06:49:08 am »
WOODY, you need to start showing some of your stuff besides battery's.  I think most folks are starting to think you are a talker with no action.  As shown by the recent history of forum post.  The UD was promised years ago!  And no one has ever received a reply to the website that registered folks wanting updates.

I could be wrong, but I think you have nothing that is better that is already out there as far a detectors and coils.  Prove me wrong and I will eat crow.  And please don't tell us that it is a secret!  If it was a secret, you of have never said a word about it at all!

Chook

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 11:44:32 am »
Gooday ARIZONA, you sound like an old hand, and I see you "can get ya about any electronic part you could want here in Arizona" I am after a Display Board for my GPX 4500.
Part Number 5902-0116 Revision 1-2. Mine stopped working as they as they all eventually do and I cannot buy one in Australia. Hope you can help me out Mate

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 02:56:56 am »
Gooday ARIZONA, you sound like an old hand, and I see you "can get ya about any electronic part you could want here in Arizona" I am after a Display Board for my GPX 4500.
Part Number 5902-0116 Revision 1-2. Mine stopped working as they as they all eventually do and I cannot buy one in Australia. Hope you can help me out Mate

No luck.  Tried all the dealers in AZ.  Even called Minelab USA and they don't sell that part.  But would fix it for a price after they look at it.

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 01:16:08 pm »
Minelab may be having some issues to deal with shortly...

ARIZONA

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 11:27:42 pm »
Minelab may be having some issues to deal with shortly...

From who?  You?  Or maybe a friend of Dougs?

We have heard that all before many, many times Woody.