DetectorMods

Author Topic: WELCOME!  (Read 40147 times)

David R Woodland

• Administrator
    • View Profile
WELCOME!
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:46:20 pm »
Welcome to the new DetectorMods.com forum
We have also given the original site a complete overhaul and intergrated everything together.
Woody's YouTube is in the top left as well as his facebook group which has over 1000 members !
We will be continuing to update and upgrade the site and are happy for people to give us some suggestions for content / features, please start some conversations and get the ball rolling !
Best regards
David R Woodland

Brian

• View Profile
Re: WELCOME!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 11:24:01 am »
just a note to all that the way to get back to the main (opening) page is to click on the heading 'DetectorMods"

David R Woodland

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 12:21:22 pm »
Also if we have any spammers sneek through and post rubbish please flag it for me so I can remove them !
Cheers
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:02:28 pm by David R Woodland »

Bri 500

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:12:53 am »
OK, to get things started,I have an SD2200.Been using it along with various other makes since '2000.It's been a great machine.I am running all factory coils and one Coiltek Joey.Found gold with all of them,exept the 11" double D.Lately I've been going back to burying nuggets , and doing more testing,"air,and ground" with all the coils in different soil conditions, ...I used to not bother much with this,but I need to face reality....It probably cost me some nuggets after all those years.  Cheers, Bri

downhalo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 11:46:56 pm »
Love the new site woody..

Hopefully the forum will pickup..

Chilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 12:35:44 pm »
Gedday to all from the North Palmer River .. ( about 10 K's upstream from Maytown ) .. Great to have the new site up and running, thanks Woody .. Good luck to all from an old gold miner!

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 01:04:57 pm »
Hello all,   I will be doing a big push to get more member on here, the site still needs some tidying up but I have been very busy developing the next series of mods.   

LJ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 08:41:47 pm »
Hi David,

My mums maiden name is Woodland!

I joined the forum today after a call to woody about doing a mod to my excal 2. It turned out that he doesn't do mods on the excal but we did have a great chat about all things treasure hunting and about this forum. So here I am a new member, looking forward to hearing stories from all the members.

I'm a bit of a water hunter, 32, live at Bondi use and excal2 and the CTX 3030. If any other members are into water beach or relic hunting I'd be happy to hear from you.

GL out there,
LJ

icpota

• View Profile
Intro for icpota Newby
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 05:16:43 pm »
G'day all,  this is my intro to the forum(newby), I'm 62 have been detecting for 2.5yrs, I run a TDI Pro OZ & F1A4- which started as a level 2, then upgraded by woody, not having much luck of late, seems to me that the yellow stuff is duck diving, I frequent the Dunolly area, am looking forward to this forum, as I don't normally indulge in forums, but have made this one an exception, I reside in the Cranbourne area of Victoria, thanks icpota.
Keep smiling while I'm digging.

Herb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 11:10:32 am »
Hi all , I hear you've been doing some nice work woody, how are the new upgrades going? How's the 4500 perform with the new upgrades compared to the 7000. Are carbon coils still around and how do the bigger coils go with the new mods ? New to this forum biso. Hope to hear from you soon . Cheers

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 07:28:59 am »
I am a new member on here, so please Excuse any mistakes that I am sure to make. I  think that I am the odd one out here, as I don,t search for nuggets, because there are not many in my part of the world. I use a 5000 here in England, not for nuggets, but for roman coins etc .
So far my oldest artifact made is a 4000 years old axe head, and a silver Iron Age coin. Unit.   
I would love to here from other searcher that use a pi detectors for old coins and artefacts.
At the moment I have my 5000 with woody for a upgrade, can wait to try it.
Happy hunting.
Lee uk.

Joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 09:42:49 pm »
Big Gday to everybody Joeboy here, brand new to the forum. little bit of back ground on me, I'm a cairns local born and bred. Been around prospectors as far back as I can remember, from my big bros to me great uncles. The detectors I've had overs the years is the 21, modded 22, modded 35, 4K and the 5k. First nugget I ever found was with the modded 22, and it what a was a breeze to use, ran so much smoother than my brothers 22 which we did extensive testing against. Long story short this is what got me hooked on the impressive improvements made by woodys mods. I'm really keen to here other members success stories using their Modded machines, especially those with gpx4500 and 5k's. looking to get my next detector fully upgraded before the next dry season Starts in Nth Qld,  but I'm not sure which one to the get modded! The 45 or the 5k, Is one better than the other with the full upgrades Done? Anyways guys good to be here, look forward to chewing the fat with you all and getting to know everyone, cheers from Joeboy.

GJE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 07:04:22 pm »
Gooday all, I have just joined the forum after having my 5000 undergo the full mod by Woody and Dave.
The first trip out was a great start with the changed machine, 25 nuggets @ 36 grams ranging from .16 to 6 gram in size. It is a fact that about half of these I would not have picked up with the machine as standard, so a damn impressive change is all I can say. I am from WA and work in some highly minerialised ground that is now with the mods as quiet as a mouse, another interesting observation that came out was the proximity I can operate to other detectors, prior to the mods it was about 30 metres but now down to 8 to 10 metres.
Thanks heaps lads from a very happy new customer
The detectors motto
Low and slow the only way to go
If in doubt dig it out

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2022, 01:40:28 pm »
I am glad that you are having success with the upgrades, Dave most likely did the upgrades to your detector as i have been buried in lab work doing a lot of experimental work in making the upgraded detectors much better than the standard commercial offerings, there is still much to learn.