DetectorMods

Author Topic: December 2019 new upgrade board finished and tested  (Read 14175 times)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
December 2019 new upgrade board finished and tested
« on: December 28, 2019, 12:34:21 pm »
It is the 24th of December 2019 so my the time we have built up more circuit boards we will be referring to the new board for SD GP GPX detectors as the 2020 upgrade. Older detectors can be made just as good as, if not better than the newer detectors by swapping out older components and replacing with cutting edge technology as it is made available. I added a new board to an old 2100 detector and it can detect just as good as any of the newer detectors as long as certain criteria are met, timings can be made adjustable and the variable gain board placed just after the input stages makes a huge difference to ground noise suppression and small and large gold detection. When the weather cools off I will be making some proof of concept video's.

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: December 2019 new upgrade board finished and tested
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 09:09:49 pm »
Well the Covid19 virus also known as the CHINESE virus or Wuhan Express, has really put a stop on doing any video or outdoor detecting as we are basically in a lock down situation. This has allowed me to carry out a lot of lab work trying out different arrangements to gain profiles and ground balancing. I have come up with some waveform phase mods that should allow a lot more depth on really big deep targets and reducing false ground noise targets. Only if i can get out to the test site and try it out in the real world. It works great on the work bench and reduces hot rock detection while allowing for a lot more gain.

Rockwall

• View Profile
Re: December 2019 new upgrade board finished and tested
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 08:18:14 am »
Look forward to that.