DetectorMods

Author Topic: Detector controls  (Read 19578 times)

WesHawkins

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Detector controls
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:28:01 am »
 Woody
  I’m curious about the different factory and modified settings and controls on the GPX 5000.  Which ones control and adjust the transmit frequency and which ones adjust and control the receive frequency.
Thanks Woody.

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Detector controls
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:56:30 pm »
Hi Wes,

There is an update on new settings coming out in the Australian Gold Gem and Treasure magazine next month.

The frequency setting on the back lcd (manual tuning) has a very limited range, to give you an idea it moves this much  --- when we convert it to maximise the range it is --------------------------------------------------------------- and thus it allows getting similar gold like the SDC2300 and also allows working super hot ground with way less noise.

Matt from Ballarat in Victoria has been carrying out a lot of experiments with different frequency settings in enhance and fine gold and has been cleaning up the gold left by others.
Look for Matt Kelava on facebook and check out his videos.

WesHawkins

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:38:22 pm »
That’s a good Magazine just to expensive to get it dilivered here in the US.  Maybe when I ship you my 5000 for mods you could throw some copies in the box for the return trip.
  So I take it that none of the adjustments on the 5000 have anything to do with the transmit signal?

WesHawkins

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 03:46:47 pm »
Woody
  I miss read your response, after reading some other posts on the forum, I think I understand that you actually can change the transmit frequency with your mods to both suit the ground and the depth for the size of gold much better than what is stock in these detectors.
  Thanks Woody.

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 01:18:45 am »
The frequency or the pulse repetition rate can be changed on all detetors.