DetectorMods

Author Topic: new generation coils on gp series detectors  (Read 45195 times)

debongos

• View Profile
Re: new generation coils on gp series detectors
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 10:55:54 pm »
Look forward to hearing your results Wes.

Peter

WesHawkins

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 11:30:26 am »
  Sorry it’s been forever for me to respond but life gets busy and there just hasn’t been time to get out with my modded 5000 yet.  Combine that with all the development going on in our gold fields that equates to lost access.  Hopefully by this fall I can get back out.

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 01:08:52 am »
Have not been on here for a while, been working on detector projects such as the new audio processor unit and a redesigned front end and gain system with built in noise filters.

Rockwall

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 05:48:57 pm »
How is the audio "thingy" going?

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 06:12:18 pm »
We have had it tested in WA by a professional prospector and the feedback was good, i am not sure if we have some built up, ive been busy designing the 5th generation of mods. Also had the GPZ7000 mods tsted in WA, lots of extra depth but noisy, working on that project as well, call Dave on the detectormods phone number if any of the audio processors are built.

debongos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 09:25:07 pm »
Hi Wes, been a long time since I've been on here so hopefully your still out there. How did you go with the DD Coil on your modded 5000 in regard to the front end gain?

Peter

WesHawkins

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2021, 11:39:05 am »
Hi Wes, been a long time since I've been on here so hopefully your still out there. How did you go with the DD Coil on your modded 5000 in regard to the front end gain?

Peter

Hi Peter,  ya I’m still here, just so busy working on cars in my shop that when I come in for the night I find myself just to tired to get in online. I have actually been getting out a little more in the past few months.  I use the Detech 15 DD and the stock Minelab 11 DD in trashy areas.  I do turn up the front gain a bit.  I turn it  up until the detector starts to get a little unstable then down just enough to smooth it out.  The factory gain I keep around a 4 or 5.

debongos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 09:48:22 pm »
Great to hear Wes. I have been interested in the Detech models so might look into getting a coil from them.

I unfortunately haven't been out for quite some time. We have been impacted by Covid in the Territory and my load work has significantly increased over the last two years.

Peter

WesHawkins

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2021, 12:30:01 pm »
   Peter, hope you have been getting out more with this Covid going around. I’ve started to get more, make more, time to get out swing the coil.  The more I use my modded 500 the more I’m liking it.