DetectorMods

Author Topic: New components making old detectors into the best detectors.  (Read 14943 times)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New components making old detectors into the best detectors.
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:07:10 am »
There seems to be a lot of new components being made available that can be used to replace components in old detectors to massively improve the performance, we have been in the lab trying out these new parts and some of the results are mind blowing to say the least.... more to come.

One of the most annoying problems using a P.I detector is that they seem to suffer from a lot of interference, well some new devices have been made available that have anti emissions filters built in, I have tried some of these components and noticed an increase in target response at the same time having a quieter more stabile detector. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:47:43 pm by woody »

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New components making old detectors into the best detectors.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 02:15:37 pm »
As of today I have done 2 test detectors with the newer components installed on brand new boards.   
These are operating with outstanding performance, it definitely makes me want to get out and go over old ground.
These new parts have internal interference filtering that seems not to affect the noise figure and stability of the detector.
Operation is rock solid even running close to full gain.

debongos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 10:58:11 pm »
Woody will the old SD's also benefit from new components?

Peter

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 01:21:43 am »
The older units can only be pushed so far but gp extreme and up is very much a decent improvement. The older units like the sd series can be improved but the later detectors are more versatile.