DetectorMods

Author Topic: Latest mods for a GPX4500 being used for small Gold  (Read 16222 times)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Latest mods for a GPX4500 being used for small Gold
« on: October 30, 2016, 10:31:45 pm »
Matt was out using the latest mods for small gold, Variable Frequency set to 50, front gain set to 4 and back gain set to 5. 
This was detected in NORMAL Timings, not enhance and it was on very hot ground not far from Moliagul in Victoria.
The Gold ended up weighing in at 0.2 grams.  Not bad considering the size of the coil and using such a low frequency of 50 and low gain.
Notice how quiet the detector is running, this is exceptional for normal timings, I doubt the SDC2300 would do any better.
All testing and claims are now made with a corresponding video to show it how it is.

https://youtu.be/KSN6HTT-0R0

Joeboy

• View Profile
Re: Latest mods for a GPX4500 being used for small Gold
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 10:43:29 pm »
Gday Woody is Matts detector running with the redesigned input stages installed and are they still in testing phase?
Cheers Joeboy

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:55:44 pm »
Matt has the latest as of one week ago,  every there is some new development, this week I have new input Fets arriving that have very low on resistance and more so very low noise, these were only made available 2 weeks ago as test samples and I only used the 2 samples on the bench testing. I could write a Thesis on low noise circuit design...the amount of discoveries are huge , even when we have all been told not to bother doing something as it will make no difference but it ends up making a huge difference. I already have the designs done on paper for for new coils and revamped detector electronics, some feedback from Dan who is up in Dunolly said that his modded 5000 gets at least 20% over a standard detector with no noise. Matts detects 0.2 grammers that sound off like half Oz, The 4500 wend down an extra 8 inches over a GPZ on 3 Oz at 22 inches, GPX was at 30 inches, these are 2 upgrades back.The new upgrades are going to rip the gold out of the ground.

Buffalochip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 08:21:41 am »
Great work Woody! The mods you did on my gpx 5000 are fantastic! I have surprised a friend of mine that runs the gpz. He threw a specimen on the ground that had some minute gold specks in it and ask if my detector could hear it. I swung the coil over the specimen and it sung out louder than his 7000 from higher up. He admitted it was louder with the 5000 M.