DetectorMods

Author Topic: Inside the GPZ7000  (Read 24889 times)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Inside the GPZ7000
« on: October 02, 2016, 12:17:41 am »

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:20:03 am by woody »

GoldMan

• View Profile
Re: Inside the GPZ7000
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 04:20:17 am »
why is the fee not covered by the masking layer on GPX???

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 11:05:42 am »
That is exactly as it was when removed from the housing, maybe the detector is very complicated and the Chinese will not try to copy? I see that the Chinese are already making copy 19" Coils for the GPZ7000, there was rumours that the GPZ7000 coils had some type of protection chip that communicated with the detector, this is not the case and a copy coil will work on a GPZ7000.  The Input stage is also now a sealed module with many connections that mainly are grounding pins, I am already working on a new front end input circuit for the GPZ. I hear the Chinese already are trying to copy the GPZ7000 but I think they may have some problems with this task... They did manage to clone the GPX4500 and it was workable but not as good as a "real" GPX4500  If you want a good detector then buy from a real dealer, not Alibaba..lol

ronjeanosborne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 08:51:45 pm »
Hi, The 5000/ 7000 were on ebay  about 3/4 months ago as chinese,  5000 $2500    7000 $3500, also garret detectors,and what ever you want at  about 1 third the the regular price of genuine item, maybe all right but not for ME,

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 09:11:59 pm »
The Chinese are right now building GPZ7000 detector coils, I have seen the factory pictures of the test coils.  I was told that there is process line surface mount equipment being set up in the Sudan to make copy detectors. Those Chinese got caught out in Dubai with a lot of copy Minelab machines, this time they are building right in the middle of the African market.  If these rumours are true then ML has a problem. There is nothing worse than the market being flooded with inferior product, over the years people have sent me GPX detectors that upon opening cause me to go into laughing fits.  I should put up some pictures of the knock off's, you will laugh as well.

Joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 12:02:11 am »
I was talking to George from NQ miners den some time ago about 5k clones showing up. He told me a bloke walk into his shop one day asking George to sell his 5k clones through his store. I had tears from laughing so hard. You'd find more gold swinging a whipper snipper!

ronjeanosborne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 07:36:32 pm »
Hi folk,  One day these little guys  are going to work it out and set these detectors as  good or better then  minelab, End of another company,

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 07:53:59 pm »
The gpz7000 is made to eliminate most interference,  there are many ways to improve on current offerings but i have learn't to shut up about things on web boards as if it is said it get the commercial companies cogs turning and you idea becomes a corporate profit.  Think GPZ7000 then think GPX with 2 separate rx inputs and a phase inverter.  Hmmmmm no one has worked it out,   Tx flip or rx flip. There is no bloody difference...a phase change is a phase change no matter how it is done..  where are our new coil?   The Ground does not exibit unilateral paramagnetic properties...anyway the experimenters should be having a play.