DetectorMods

Author Topic: Your favorite coil  (Read 16074 times)

Buffalochip

• View Profile
Your favorite coil
« on: August 29, 2016, 10:41:59 pm »
Just curios, what Is your favorite coil?
Mine is the nugget finder 14 X 9.

Let's see what everyone is using out there and what ones do the best.

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite coil
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 11:07:44 pm »
17" X 11"  or 14" round mono.

debongos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 10:38:38 pm »
18" Round Nugget Finder has been my fav coil for a number of years. This year I have been using the Evolution 17"x13" and still getting use to it. A heavier coil than my Nugget Finder and is very stable with the modded 4500. Not seeing a lot of difference in depth but I have faith and will keep working with it.

Joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 12:37:10 am »
 I like the 14 mono really go's nicely on little bits
and has no problem punching deep on bigger stuff, great all rounder for me, hey Ron if you haven't got the 18 elite try and get a loan of one for a day or two, If you like swing bigger coils mate, the 18 elite is a gem in my books. I haven't had a real opportunity to use it much due to its size, and the area's I've been going, tho we have a test bed we use to check out new coils with, and i was shocked how much more depth it had over any other coil I've owned. including my old 18 mono

Herb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 12:57:47 pm »
Hey guys , I was using an 18x12 goldstalker up until about 12 mths ago and found it very good until it got a loose wire or something in it . Now I'm using the 17x13 evolution and find it sensitive and quiet most of the time. I get good depth and got a 5 Gm nugget the other day at about 15 inches , which was heard easily.i was fairly impressed by this as I it was under a couple half decent sized rocks and I am still running the unmodded 45 .Hey Woody ,do you still do coil windings as I wouldn't mind getting a larger one say 36" .How do these run on a modded 4500/ 5000 ? Cheers

ronjeanosborne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 08:38:13 pm »
Hi Guys, my best coil on the extreme is a very old n/f 17/10 fiber glass coil 12 years old mono killer on small or larger nuggets, biggest nugget 7.61ounces smallest 0.01, The 5000 i run a 14x9 n/f or a 12x7n/f, biggest nugget 39.1gran at 15 inches, I have tried bigger coils but it just dont cut it, maybe when i work out the new settings it will be better, I dont get to the gold field enough to work it out, Both detectors well and turley paid for them selves, Ron,