DetectorMods

Author Topic: The GPZ7000. A touchy subject.  (Read 13845 times)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The GPZ7000. A touchy subject.
« on: February 25, 2016, 09:42:53 am »
The jury is still out on the GPZ 7000 , some like it, some hate it, some say it gets gold others miss, some say it misses gold others get.  So now there is an unbiased testing of the 7000 in the March edition of Gold Gem and Treasure magazine that is published in Australia. 

I would definately read the article before spending your hard earned dollars, stay informed.

As a personal bit of input, i tried a 7000, but i love my own modded GPX 4500 more and more.

Joeboy

• View Profile
Re: The GPZ7000. A touchy subject.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »
Hi woody

I went out to a creek yesterday to test my new coiltek 17x11 elite, on my stock 4500.
Basically get a feel for it and test timings and depth capabilities.
My prospecting partner thought he'd tag along with his Zed for comparison.

We tested all timings on both machines on a .3, 1gram, 17gram nuggets, than a block of alloy 4x2x2 cm
And a alloy block 8x3x2 cm. we buried the targets into the side of a creek bed, at depths the Zed had just a repeatable response. To our surprise the 45 with the elite could hear all targets with ease sometimes a couple of inches off the ground, except for the big piece of alloy down about 2ft they were about the same Both using deep timings.

I don't have any experience with the Zed, and my mate has only owned his for a short time.
He's still trying to get a handle on it. So maybe some fine tuning needed to be done with the Zed to gain better depth, tho straight out of the box in any timing it could match the 45 with 17x11 elite! Ground tested in had moderate mineralisation.

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:18:23 pm »
Many people who have purchased a zed got rid of it, a lot of people swear by them. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors in the detector industry.
I think if you buy a Holden you will not talk it down, same as if you purchased a Ford.

What i use is the best, otherwise you may feel like a goose..

Joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 07:39:35 pm »
I think he got a bit of sick feeling in the stomach over it, I would too after spending nearly 11k !
After seeing that.

Can't wait to see what 45 will do with the full upgrade Swinging the elite.

Joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 11:00:56 pm »
Just read my first post, I meant to say the Zed couldn't match th 45 in any timing used on the day. Just wanted to clear that up!