DetectorMods

Author Topic: Evolution coil Elite Coil with a Fully Upgraded GPX-5000  (Read 17818 times)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Evolution coil Elite Coil with a Fully Upgraded GPX-5000
« on: February 19, 2016, 03:25:41 pm »
I have been receiving much feedback on the Nugget Finder Evolution coil using a fully modded GPX-5000 and a standard GPX-5000.

On the standard detector the Evolution coil was chattery, but when the modded one was used it could bring in one of out 10 gram test targets nice and clear at good depth.

A standard GP-3000 and the standard GPX-5000 could not hear the targets.  Testing was carried out in Nth Queensland by BM.

As a side note, the Elite coil i understand is the same design as the Evolution, the same performance is most likely to be similar.

Correct me if anyone knows different.

debongos

• View Profile
Re: Evolution coil Elite Coil with a Fully Upgraded GPX-5000
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 07:57:09 pm »
Woody I have one with the modded 4500 and it is very stable.

Peter

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:36:48 pm »
There seems to a lot of good feedback coming in about these coils, it is a potent combination giving the other offerings a run for the money.

Joeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 03:44:06 pm »
the 14" elite on my standard 5k was nearly impossible to use where I hunt in normal timings. Had to turn everything down to be able to do any detecting compared to older tech mono's. Made me angry cause I like running in normal timings, so having to drop everything down so low I think is counter productive or maybe just operator error on my part not getting the coil running sweet. Anyone else encounter this problem?

tho in fine gold it was like chalk and cheese. A lot smoother but the biggest surprise was sensitive extra, alot easier to detect with over normal timings. I'll be keen as once I get the full upgrades sorted! variable frequency mod sounds awesome. I'd also like to put a DD through its paces, maybe the new 15" detech spiral running in sharp with the new upgrades!! Anyone done this?
 exciting times ahead for sure.
Joeboy.

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 08:07:03 pm »
The coils are more noisey, both the Elite and the Evolution, the reason being is that both coils by the nature of their design have more wire turns in close proximity to the ground, thus more ground noise if the ground is reactive.
The coils are (in my humble opinion) an attempt at getting small surface gold while trying to maintain some depth.

So are they are they good coils?  yes but i would be wary of using them for deep targets in noisey ground as the signal to noise ratio is trashed. Just remember that there is no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to coils, where you gain on something you will lose somewhere else. So is you are after depth on reactive ground use a smaller mono or a DD, to this day i still have not seen a world class DD coil but i have not looked inside a dtech coil yet.

You know who makes the best coils?   lol  I have some very good coils, pity they are not sold in shops.