DetectorMods

Author Topic: Frequencys  (Read 15159 times)

WesHawkins

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Frequencys
« on: October 08, 2015, 01:36:32 am »
  Wondering what frequency's the series of Minelab detectors from the SD2100 up to the GPX5000 operate at.

Wes

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Frequencys
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 08:11:12 am »
Hi Wes, that is a difficult one as the pulses are mixed with different lengths over one transmission cycle. The sd2000 had 4 X 60us followed by 1 at 240us for memory, as the models were slowly made more sensitive to smaller gold the pulse lengths became shorter and the receiver off time was reduced. Different modes like enhance, shart and fine gold can se pulses as short as 6us combined with 35us and 120us in the pulse cycle. The detectors do not technically run at a constant frequency but more as a collection of different on and off times in a repititious cycle.

WesHawkins

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Frequencys
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 03:11:53 am »
Thanks Woody
  Thanks, thats kinda my understanding of it.  I was wondering if Minelab changed frequencies with the on and off, "pulsing" of the detector.  I understand the detectors turn the signal off and on to avoid over saturating the ground with a magnetic field that causes the ground minerals to become energized and creating a response that the detector sees.  This gives me a little better handle on how your mods come into play.

Thanks.
Wes.