DetectorMods

Author Topic: New upgrades, to get small Gold like a SDC2300  (Read 24211 times)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New upgrades, to get small Gold like a SDC2300
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:13:41 pm »
Soon to be available is an upgrade that will allow GP and GPX series detectors to detect small gold similar to the capabilities of the SDC2300.

Seeka

• View Profile
Re: New upgrades, to get small Gold like a SDC2300
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:16:07 pm »
When do you think it will be available, Woody? (Have a GPX 5000)

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:40:41 pm »
It is taking some time to get all the bugs out, maybe another month.

Seeka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:23:09 pm »
Will the user be able to 'Turn the mod off' if he suspects it is causing some issues? May be a dumb question, but! How long does it take to mod a 5000?

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:39:37 pm »
It is difficult to turn a mod off, it can be done but it would need fet or relay switching, both methods would create signal loss or noise generated by the relay contacts, switches would also cause noise in the sensitive input part of the circuit. One of the biggest problems that we have with detectors is the coil connectors, the tiny resistance of the contacts actually introduce noise into the circuit.  To mod a 5000 takes 1 week.  I am still working on some big improvements.  One word of advice to anyone with old detectors, do not sell them as they will be worth a fortune later this year.. more on that later.

debongos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 02:39:59 pm »
Hi Woody, was thinking of selling my SD2100 you modded for me some time back as I hardly use it these days since getting the 4500. However, after reading your last comment I've changed my mind and look forward to see what you bring out. Keep up the great work Woody.

Peter

woody

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 12:22:10 am »
There is an advantage be it slight in getting a dual voltage detector like the GP Extreme and up, it is not really dual voltage it is only that the 3 shorter pulses have been increased to drive the coil with 15 volts rather than 5 volts allowing a a shorter duty cycle getting more pulse sets per given time period. The same amount of power as in watts is just the same.  My question is why not raise all pulse lengths to 15 volts output and shorten the duty cycle even more? This wouls allow more samples to be taken. Then why not raise all coil drive to 100 volts?   more samples again given a set duty cycle.. maybe that will be in the gp???  10,000.   Its all watts...