General Category > General Discussion

new generation coils on gp series detectors

(1/5) > >>

Joeboy:
G'day all, i just bought a fully modified Gp3000 with variable frequency mod etc... I was wondering if some of you guys are running any of the new evo or elite coils on your 'modded' Gp series machines. If so how do they handle for you, and which coil do you like the best. From what i read by those using standard Gp's with the flat wound coils, the smaller coils seem to be more suited than the larger ones. The modded Gp's with both variable gain and frequency mods, in theory should be able to be tune in any size flat wound coil. Running a 19"evo on a modded gp3000 at low frequency sounds like the ducks nuts to me, What do you guys think.

Joeboy.

debongos:
Hi Joeboy,

I bought the Nugget Finder 17" Evolution model for my modded 4500 and find it very stable in the field. Detectormods have done some truly great development work in increasing capability of these older model detectors. Any improvement in coil performance is an opportunity to push further the capabilities of these mods.

Regards,

Peter

Joeboy:
Hi Peter
Yeah i think thats a good point, any improvement in the detectors or coils is always a good thing. I remember using my 14" elite on the standard 4500 which was struggling  in normal timings. Being able to adjust frequency and gain to remove excessive ground noises is going to be a really big plus for me where i detect. I'm hoping it will be a winner on the modded gp3000, after watching Peter & Mat's latest youtube clip using the 19" evo makes me think the Gp will be no different. Time will tell
Joeboy

Joeboy:
G'day everybody,

I was thinking about picking up one the evo or elite coils for my fully modded Gp3000. Any of you guys and girls using them. i currently have the detech 15" ultimate dd coil which works perfectly on the Gp a bit heavy for all day use though, just like to know if the new mono's can be tamed on the modded Gp series with latest mods.
Thanks to anybody that would like to chime in, much appreciated.

cheers Joeboy.

Herb:
G'day Debongos
                        Good to hear someone else out there is using the same outfit as me (17" evo on the modded 45).Just wondering what settings you running as I'm having dramas controlling this beast . I'm in hot ground in Wa where I found a patch before I got my 45 modded and I know there's more there, except since modding am struggling with ground noise. I've tried running the new gain backed right off with rx gain on 1 but still noisy. Set up a test bed and can pick up a 1.8 g lead shot at 450 mm and a 2.5 oz lead sinker at 800+. Full new gain rx gain on 1 stabiliser 1 gives awesome results but too noisy to run in the field at this setting. Does the new gain have to be set full on start up or anything else I've missed.Cheers for any help and hope your finding the good stuff!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version