General Category > New Detector accessories

Interference filter

<< < (2/5) > >>

woody:
Hi Mescal,

I tested for any signal loss and I cannot find any loss at all, I tried with a customers GPX5000 in fine gold and the performance was better with the filter in all circumstances, it goes to show that the input opamps are subjected to all types of radio wave derived interference that impact on the detectors performance. Even in quiet areas the depth and sensitivity was better when the filter was installed. These filters cannot be used inside the detector, there are reasons for this, i have seen a filter of sorts in some early detectors and it did not work.  I had to get very special materials made to get these to work. The R&D costs have been substantial.

m3sca1:
Would that filter help an F1A4?
I can boot up the F1A4 in the house and it runs smooth and quiet.
Can't say the same for the modded SD2100-it goes nuts...i think that would be good for the 2100 but i think the F1A4 doesn't need it.
Your thoughts?

woody:
The F1A4 i have here also runs quiet, there is a big chip inside the detector that removes impulse noise, i wonder why it was not included into the design of all their newer detectors?  I would think that the f1A4 would still be desensitized by any hf signals falling into the passband of the input amplifiers.  The input stage is a replica of a SD2100 .

m3sca1:
Maybe that big chip that removes the impulse noises is there to allow it to run side by side with other F1A4's.
The instructions mention booting them up in sequence one after the other so that a line of men can walk in close proximity and demine large strips at once.
Might be too expensive to throw them into gold detectors, or maybe it Mil-Spec stuff.
Anyhow i think you might be right on that it would help the F1A4 too-the science of filter traps is sound.
Just like an audio crossover stops the wrong frequency getting into a speaker, your filter stops the noises getting into the detector front end.
Great idea.

debongos:
Have you watched the YouTube version of Jack Lange's testing of a modified F1A4. Quite a stable unit and performed well against his fav 3500.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmAq7WRl-O8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version