General Category > General Discussion

New Mods being worked on.

(1/5) > >>

woody:
I have not posted much, been busy developing a new set of upgrades. It will be a couple of months before we know if they live up to expectations or not. The aim is to get big Gold deep and to get smaller Gold at greater depth in light mineralization. Believe me this is a real challenge and very difficult to do.

As long as you start off with a Minelab P.I detector you will be doing great, to this day nothing beats a Minelab for the big deep Gold.

nuggetnut:
Hi Woody
 I have a GP Extreme and will be buying a GPX 4500 once moddified would it be safe to say the 4500 would find the deepest gold.

ARIZONA:
  2 weeks and no reply from Woody and company!

David R Woodland:
Hi Guys
Peter is away for a while and i have been trying to keep ontop of everything
the forum kind of got left until last !
anyway
typically the newer detectors are geared towards finding smaller pieces of gold and being a quieter machine to run at the expense of depth on larger targets
however a 4500 does do alright on the depth front, mainly we get complaints about the 5000 not having the punch required for large objects.
in saying all this however if you believe you have a good chance of finding a monster of a gold nugget in an area alot of the pro's out there keep a old 2000 on hand to detect for things of that magnitude, there not sensitive and you would not want to use one as your general purpose detector because of the sensitivity lacking on smaller targets but it will go the deepest
hope all this help
obviously the information is relative to your situation
Good hunting !!!

nuggetnut:
Thanks Dave
Great info appreciated just sent my GP Extreme to Peter for upgrades to find deep gold last week .  I have a place where there's deep gold so hopefully the mods will do the job. In  the mean time i'll keep my eye out for an old 2000 will also keep everyone posted. Again greatly appriceated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version