Members Only Section > Information on the new developments

Major discovery applicable to all SD GP and GPX series detectors.

(1/4) > >>

woody:
Well guy's, I've been busy soldering components as big as ants and testing a lot of different electronic system to get more smaller gold and also larger gold at depth.  Many of the standard detectors have great difficulty finding simulated 3 oz nuggets at 22 inches, even with a large coil.  I am sure that when we see a lot of big holes and people say they got a 5 gram at 20 inches it is not possible, my hunch is that the nugget was always in the wall higher up and falls in when the  hole is widened out.  Anyway I digress, I have come up with a way to get an honest 30% depth increase on large gold, you know the coke can sized nuggets that everyone just walks over. I think it will marry up perfectly with the new 24 inch evolution coil that is coming out.  Anyway, if you want to hunt for the next hand of faith at greater depth let me know.

WesHawkins:
  Ok Woody I'm game.  I've got a gpx 5000 now, what would the mods consist of and what would the price U.S. be?

Wes.

debongos:
And to add Wes's question. What cost are we looking at for the already modded 4500 and 5000's?

Peter

woody:
Hi guy's

Well I have to add to the list of another innovation that allowed even greater gain, lower noise and perfect ground balance.

I was having an uphill battle trying to get fast response time (slew rates) while knocking out the wide band interference the AD797 cops up to 100 Mhz.

I found an exisiting design issue in the GPX series that was working against obtaining lower noise, it ended up being the way the dual gate mosfets switch the input stage to ground, I know why they did it and it was to remove the constant resistor bias and switch the 1k resistors on and off on the input. This just current pumped my input filter to cause a R/C filter to cause a chop chop sound when i was attempting to increase the capacitance to roll off the lower frequency interference component.

To cut a long story short, I can use a 12 mono in the house and detect 0.1 gram at a few inches and an aerosol can at around 4 feet... I have always said that these detectors suffer huge depth loss if noise gets into the system and upsets the integrators. The one thing that really amazed me is the way the detector ground balances to zero offset at full gain using nasty Kalgoorlie hot rocks..3 up and downs and it is balanced.  So if it works this good on the work bench i cannot wait to get out in the field and run it through its paces.

debongos:
Look forward to seeing the results in the next vid Woody.

Peter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version